Remember, this is not the final plan you’re going to implement, but just enough of a plan to put you on the front foot as you assimilate and learn. You will adjust this plan as you learn along the way.
Download and “play” this PowerPoint (hit “play from the start” in the “slide show” tab at the top of PowerPoint) to help you fill in Worksheet #6 on implementing building blocks: Step6-Buildingblocks.ppt
- Burning Imperative (30) (Write down when you plan to pivot from converging to evolving and how you intend to do that – workshop to co-create the future or consultative approach)
- Milestones (45) (Write down when and you intend to instill some sort of operating discipline – likely right after you’ve pivoted)
- Early Win Plans (60) (Write down when you intend to identify early wins so you and your team can deliver them by the end of your sixth month in role)
- Team Roles (70) (Write down when you intend to do your first role sort, figuring out who’s in the right role and who’s in the wrong role. #1 regret of senior leaders is not moving fast enough on people)
- Communication Steps (write down your intended communication cadence: one-on-ones, update meetings, milestone tracking, large group communication.
- N.B. Write down anything else you’d like to discuss with us at this point as this is the last worksheet you’ll actually fill in. We’re going to walk you through the adjust worksheet so you’re ready if you need it, but not fill it in yet.